Saturday, October 17, 2015

Saturday

 


It's Saturday morning. My husband has just let me know he's boarding a plane for the last leg of his trip home from a week's work in Korea.  South.  Not North. Can't wait to see him again.

My back, which I injured last weekend, is nearly better. 95%. But I'm still not up to changing the sheets on the big bed lest we start the whole process all over again.

My daughter has spent the morning fashioning a bow and arrow out of sticks and is refusing to brush her hair because "I'm Boudica" and thus why should she have to.  Obviously an unreasonable request on my part (no pun intended).

My youngest has just begun learning the violin - first lesson yesterday.  He's very keen on practising.  Did I mention he's only had one lesson?  And that he likes practising? A lot.

My other child watched part of a documentary on brown bears last night. This morning he is one. Thus there's been a lot of wearing of dressing gowns and getting around on all fours and eating apples.

And I'm preparing a surprise Indian banquet for my mother's birthday tonight.  I'm out-sourcing that (read: picking up takeaway for 6 before she arrives).

And that's my Saturday.  How's yours going?

3 comments:

Gary Ware said...

Pretty good.

Deb said...

@ Gary: Hope it continued in pretty-goodness.

Anonymous said...

A few comments ...

Firstly, glad hubby was in S.Korea not North! Otherwise you might be missing him a little longer ...
Secondly, tell eldest that she is related to Boudica by marriage via our family (according to M, but will need verification... family tree doesn't go back that far yet .. !)

Thirdly, the violin is not a 'musical' instrument until/unless you are a great proficient ...

Fourthly, the brown bear seems the least harmful of all the above behaviours ... let him roam ...

Cheers!

Fleur