Saturday, June 27, 2015

Conference call

One not-so-good innovation in my husband's work-life the past year has been the weekly (and sometimes more than weekly!) international phone conference.  The kids are in bed.  The night is winding down.  And then, suddenly, it's time for the international phone conference - a "time" which is never quite right for anyone anywhere in the world but is not as bad as it could be for most.

I observe these calls from a distance, tip-toeing around the place and trying not to set off noisy appliances.  Usually, I only hear one side of the conversation because most times my husband wears a head-set.  Anyway, if you (or someone you love) has the joy of phone conferencing in their lives, then this is for you.

2 comments:

CardsAsGifts said...

So funny and very accurate. Did you watch the sequel on email in real life? It was good too.

Deb said...

@CardsAsGifts: Yes, I loved the email one too. I'm too scared to show my husband the conference call one: I'm pretty sure he'll just groan in pain...