Saturday, October 11, 2014

Blogger and embedding videos

Well, Alison, I didn't totally solve it.  Let's say, I improved the situation.  Videos still won't show up in emails.  However, they now appear and play in Bloglovin on my ipad.  And they now show up as an image in other feeds (but won't play) and then you can click through and play.  So at least it's not just a big blank space anymore.

I have to admit I'm not entirely sure how I did it.  A friend was helping me with a whole host of suggestions.  Something worked.  I think the most likely candidate was this:

Inside the blog design screen, click into Settings and then click into Other.

Scroll down till you get to the heading "Site Feed".  Check that the final option 'Enable Title Links and Enclosure Links' is set to "yes".  I think that's what worked for me.  Then you need to find some good videos to post so we can all check for you. :)

Site feed

2 comments:

Alison said...

Thanks - I will give it a try!!

Deb said...

It's stopped working again. Sigh.