Sunday, August 17, 2014

Psalm 121


During a really difficult time, it can be a song that speaks louder than ordinary words. This song was on repeat constantly for me when I was pregnant with my first child. A large tumour, unrelated to the pregnancy, was unexpectedly discovered while I was having my 20 week scan. Days, and much longer nights, were spent lying in hospital waiting for a diagnosis, waiting for surgery, recovering from surgery, waiting for pathology. Often times, this was the last song I played before I slept.

Since that time, I haven’t listened to the song at all. Not because I believe it less or love it less. It’s just that the very sound of it takes me straight back to that time. And it has taken a while (well, a decade) for the intensity of it all to lessen enough for it to bearable.

Now this week I’m reading my friend’s words as she waits in hospital with her own dear one. I’m taken swiftly back. So with much love… here are some words that were precious to me then. Praying for you.

No comments: