Monday, May 26, 2014

Richie Rich




My minister preached a good word on Sunday from James 5:1-6.  You know: all that comforting stuff like, "Now listen, you rich people, weep and wail because of the misery that is coming on you."  Right on the money, shall we say?

Anyway, this same weekend, my husband told me a story he had heard recounted by Peter Costello recently (ex-treasurer of Australia).  Costello remarked that when people thought about the question, "Who's rich?" it is never them.  It's always someone with a bit more than they have.  Costello was having a meeting once with Kerry Parker.  At the time, the Australian dollar had just taken a hit and Packer was complaining about it to Peter Costello.  "Do you know how much this has cost me?" Packer asked.  And then said something along the lines of, "I'm not rich, you know!  I'm no Bill Gates!"

So am I rich?  Surely not? Take this little test to see where you land in the global rich list.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear this all the time! J

meredith said...

Thanks Deb. That was quite a humbling experience.