Monday, May 12, 2014

People are wrong on the internet

I sighed loudly as I went to get my pyjamas out from under my pillow.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"Someone is wrong on the internet," I said.  I've been cranky about a post for about a week from an author I used to like but who has disappointed me in their attitude towards something.  I'm trying not to dwell on it (and I have resisted the temptation to jump into the comments and try to set the world to rights) but it keeps ticking me off.

My husband understands this.  He knows the solution.

"Just look at cats for a while then."

See.

That's the answer.

6 comments:

Alison said...

Ha ha - it can't be me that's wrong surely :)

Cat videos are awesome!

Deb said...

@ Alison - no, it's certainly not you, or your cherubs or even Talking Tom (although I hear he doesn't really have many opinions of his own). :)

Karen said...

Go, cats, go!

I should look at more online cats, I think. I miss the real ones some days. Love our dogs, but I think at heart I am more of a cat person. But sadly, my husband is allergic to them, so our days of having cats in the house are done :(

Deb said...

@Karen: There's just something about a warm purring creature. There's a slowness and softness about their love that dogs don't really get. See, we are dog AND cat people. We're just learning to alternate.

Sarah said...

I'm a dog and cat person, too. I miss my soft, purring Ebony puss. But I like the way you can rough up a dog which you can't always do with cats.

Ah yes the whole internet opinion thing. I'm often outraged when looking at my Facebook news feed. My motto to myself: Breathe, pick your battles, and scroll on by. :)

Deb said...

@Sarah: I should probably take up "Breathe...and scroll on by" as a web-mantra!