Thursday, November 14, 2013

The haircut

There's a saying I heard somewhere that you should never let your mother brush your hair when she's mad at your brother.  Very true.

I'd like to add that you should never let someone cut your hair when they are upset about their daughter's Year 11 subject choices. Made the mistake of mentioning I was a Year 11 teacher. Obviously, she had been bottling this issue up a bit.  And so she started vigorously cutting away and telling me all about the lack of support and cooperation from the school (not mine - another local establishment).  I was making sympathetic noises while watching in a slight panic, desperately wondering if there was anything I could do to slow her down, as my locks disappeared in all directions.

Worst haircut ever.

5 comments:

CardsAsGifts said...

Got a discount or refund???

Alison said...

Picture please :)

Deb said...

@CardsAsGifts Well in theory I had a 24 hour guarantee thingy. The problem was that finding the time to get a haircut By Myself had a been a logistical challenge for about 4 weeks. The thought of dropping everything to return the next day and get it fixed was quite frankly beyond me this week. I'm just avoiding people seeing my head instead. The other part of the problem is that hairdressers kind of scare me. You know how some people have a thing with the dentist? I don't. Love dentists. But hairdressers? Not so much. It's the power they wield over your public appearance for the next 6-8 weeks that terrifies me. So basically, I was too much of a wimp to go back and complain.

Deb said...

@Alison
Nope. Not gonna happen. Just imagine the worst.

Meredith said...

Oh poor you.
The other haircutting related rule is that one should never trim one's own fringe when one has a headache. I get most frustrated with mine when I have a headache and it never ends well.
Hope your do grows out quickly or that you get the opportunity to get it sorted soon.