Sunday, November 10, 2013

Ha...ha....hachooooozsch!



Pass the tissues, please.  I'm sorry I've been so quiet.  It was a combination of a nasty cold and a hugely busy week.  In short, I had a mountain of things to get done and in between I lay around the house, gloomy and moaning.  My long-suffering husband tended to me kindly while putting up with my frequent complaints about the state of my health and predictions of the end of the universe as we know it.  I have a genetic default towards pessimism at the best of times but give me a decent cold and I can break out into a full-scale case of the Eeyore.  "I have no real friends.  Everyone is no doubt just putting up with me because they are too nice to tell me to get lost."  "This cold will never end.  I will be snotty forever."  "I'm a terrible wife and mother. I don't know why - hachoooooh! - you put up with me at all."  "It's all going downhill.  Nothing will ever be sunny and happy again."  "It's all too difficult.  Too difficult for words."  Thankfully, he is much more of the Christopher Robin type and just chuckles at me and says, "You really are a glass-half-empty kind of gal, aren't you?"  And he makes good tea.
 
On the mend now.  Life may go on after all.  I might even blog occasionally.

5 comments:

Karen said...

I have been a bit Eeyore-ish today, I must admit. And without the excuse of having a cold either...

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, not a good week then! I got myself into that sort of mess attempting the dreaded swim suit shopping on Thursday... I optimistically decided to try to by swimmers and new underwear in the one big shop. I bought nothing. I ended curled up in bed with a very bewildered husband wondering what he'd done wrong. Glad your Christopher Robin makes good tea and glad you're feeling better! We all love you and you're lovely :) xxx J

Deb said...

Ugh - swimsuit shopping! Say no more.

Deb said...

There's a bit of it about. More tea might be the only remedy.

Deb said...

Just leaving a comment to myself to see if my new settings are working.