Saturday, November 30, 2013

Christmas calm

Proof that I'm being very laid-back and calm about the tree that we put up a whole day earlier than scheduled....


Can you find....
  • the pasta-and-cardboard star that was spray-painted with gold?
  • the wooden kinder triangle decoration?
  • the silver star that's about to take a very dramatic dive from the top and possibly hit someone on the scone?
  • the wooden door greeting decoration that's been randomly shoved in amongst the branches?
It's all so festive!  We did decorate to the lovely sounds of a Future of Forestry advent CD.  Regrettably, it did not prevent sibling rivalry and this photo was taken after everyone had been crossly sent to their rooms by their mother for fighting over the musical reindeer antler headbands.

Yep, deck the halls with joy!  It's all happening around here.  How's your decorating going?  Anyone so excited that they've embarked upon outdoor decorating?

12 comments:

CardsAsGifts said...

Well I think I almost fell off my chair in disbelief... you have a christmas tree??!!!!! What made you succumb?? HaHaHa! Enjoy!

Alison said...

Hehe - I just posted a photo of my tree too. It's like something from an Alfred Hitchcock's film...

Deb said...

@ CardsAsGifts: guilt. They guilted me into it. Depriving children of a proper childhood might have been mentioned.

@ Oooh, goodey! Going to click over right now and see it. :)

Caroline said...

We've got a spray-painted pasta wreath that my 20yo made at kinder that I think I'll have to retire this year. Also some foil and egg carton bells that the 21yo made that I've tried to keep looking half reasonable since 1996. I like it that our tree is always decorated with odd things that we've made or acquired over the years, but I think my sons find it a little too odd.

Caroline said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deb said...

@ Caroline: Wow! That's a quality kinder craft right there. Well, they don't make 'em like they use to (or at least that's the excuse I'll be using when ours *ahem* break in a few years time).

Meredith said...

Love it! The Merry Christmas sign is especially excellent. You have inspired a quiz on my latest post.
Mx

Karen said...

We're about to put our tree up this evening...although with several overtired people (me included) in the house after a rather busy day, I'm anticipating that some of us (me included...) might be sent to our rooms in the process...

Deb said...

@ Karen: oh, we need a photo posted on your blog of the finished masterpiece!

@ Meredith: in addition to yesterday's decorations, I found several pieces of Lego and a pair of sunglasses hanging on it this morning.

Meredith said...

Hilarious!
I have a friend who found a dirty sock in her tree at some stage last year. Watch out for that one.

Meredith said...

Actually, you should keep a running list of what appears. Could make for a fantastic post closer to Christmas.

Sarah said...

I'm a Christmas slacker! Not going to bother putting the tree up since we'll be away for Christmas. A crawling baby will ensure the tree and the presents underneath will be in a mess anyway. ;)