2. Being called 'Miss'.
3. Trying to keep them on track while enjoying their wonderfully divergent stories.
4. Watching their ever-changing hairstyles.
5. The excitement of seeing them understand something for themselves that you didn't actually teach them.
6. Hearing them singing old retro songs that they find hilarious (not so retro to me).
7. Forcing my brain to grapple with Socrates, Aristotle, Nietzsche, Weil, Descartes, Armstrong, Popper, Kuhn and Hume all in the space of 10 months.
8. Discussing what courses they might do next year and which uni would be best.
9. Watching them improve.
10. Being amazed that such competent, compelling individuals would still bother to ask my opinion on anything.
And (drumroll please....)
11. The student who came into my class and said, with fabulous randomness, "Hey, Miss, do you know the show 'Charles in Charge?" and then sang the theme song with me. Crazy.
Oh, I'm going miss those guys.