1. I have come to realise that I have been in deep denial about the state of my sneakers. The holes in the fabric on the top are becoming big enough to see the colour of my socks. I must face reality. But I can't bear to start again. These sneakers are comfortable.
2. I have no heels to wear to the Valedictory Dinner next week. The serious troubles of teaching Year 12. I must go forth soon and find heels to match my dress. They will not be comfortable.
3. I have found out I will be a Legal Eagle next year. That is, I am teaching Year 11 Legal Studies. I shall have to devote time in the summer holidays to improving my knowledge in this subject so that I might be suitably useful to my students. I have begun drafting a list of must dos.
1. Re-watch as many episodes of Rumpole as I can. Undoubtedly, he is the legal mind to which to aspire. I have fond memories watching Rumpole on the ABC with my dad when I was in high school (after which we would sometimes flick over to the black and white samuri film on SBS and make up our own subtitles).
2. The Castle. So that I can say, "It's the vibe of the thing" with proper emphasis if I get a tricky question in class.
Any other suggestions for my list?
4. We think we need to upgrade from a keyboard to a piano. Do we buy a digital piano or invest in an acoustic? What if our darling child suddenly quits piano in two years time? Is a cheaper second-hand acoustic worth it or would it be better to buy a digital for that same price? What do you reckon?
5. Funny cat video. Language warning however. The internet and cats were made for each other.
6. Also made for each other were the internet and those of us who are indecisive. So do you think I should get a slow-cooker? It might help things run more smoothly with my increased teaching load next year. Or would I use it a couple of times and then keep it at the back of my pots cupboard as a memorial to my lost enthusiasm?