Monday, September 2, 2013

Spare me the phone

We headed off to another church yesterday afternoon for a special church service to welcome a new minister.  I couldn't help but notice that there were phones, phones, phones everywhere during the service.  Now admittedly, it was a special "event" service and people wanted to take some photos to remember the moment.  But it was weird looking up to the front and trying to see past the phones people were holding up.  Thankfully, I didn't see anyone taking selfies so that's good.

It all felt a bit like this ...

6 comments:

Gary Ware said...

Glad I didn't watch this on my phone.
But I will be taking lot's of pics at GAA next week.

Jessica said...

I don't have a fancy phone. I wish there was something to say to phone addicts that was polite but a tiny bit shaming.

Anonymous said...

Hilarious. And a bit too true... J

Deb said...

Ahhh, the irony it would have been if only you had used your phone.

I look forward to the GAA pics.

Deb said...

Yep. Something witty but devastating. Pity Miss Austen never had the opportunity to compose a comment on such a thing.

Deb said...

Maybe I'm just jealous that my phone is too pathetic to do it!