Tuesday, September 3, 2013

I washed my hair

After about five months of 'washing' my hair with only bi-carb and vinegar, I gave in and grabbed the shampoo bottle.  I think I hung in there pretty well.  On the plus side, my scalp issues completely disappeared.  But the ends of my hair were becoming extremely dry and brittle.  After a failed attempt at reviving the dry ends with a homemade recipe (which left me wearing my hair in a French roll all day trying to look sophisticated when really my hair was not fit to be seen), it was time to bring back the shampoo.

I'm a bit sad - I liked the benefits to my scalp and the low cost and my hair felt clean and normal.  The dry ends weren't evident at first.  But as the months wore on, I could feel them getting worse.  I think if I had shorter hair and it was cut more often, I probably wouldn't have had a problem with it.  Anyway, here endeth the experiment (at least for now).

6 comments:

Tasmanian said...

Maybe try normal shampoo without rubbing it in to your scalp - perhaps that will avoid the scalp issues?

Jessica said...

Well done. After a year or more of no shampoo my first shampoo wash was heaven. So soft, after so much oil. Like a kitten. Nothing will be as comfortable for your scalp as no shampoo, but I now try and rinse the shampoo out really thoroughly, and only conditioning the ends, to minimize product residue on my scalp.

Deb said...

Yeah, I think I've succumbed to the bottle again (shampoo, that is, not liquor). It's a wonderful feeling.

Deb said...

I could give it a go but I think usually most of the oily bits are close to the scalp so I don't know that it'd work.

Jean said...

I've said this before, but try Moroccan Oil shampoo. Expensive, but does the trick: got rid of my scalp issues and keeps my hair soft and clean. (I feel like a shampoo ad.) And you don't need much, which keeps the cost down.

Deb said...

I'm definitely going to try it next. Just have to figure out where to buy it (didn't see it at our local supermarket).