Thursday, September 5, 2013

A fleeting moment

Have you ever received a totally unexpected and overwhelming gift?  I did today.  In my letter box was a gift I hadn't even imagined existed.


When I was a little girl, I spent a year at boarding school.  I have only one or two photos from this time in my life.  Today, I was blown away when I discovered my oldest friend had sent me a book of photos from that year.  Precious beyond explanation.  Her parents were my dorm parents.  I never even thought about the fact that they would have photos from that year!  Her kindness in bothering to go through those photos, scan them and have them printed for me is such a gift.  I don't have words.  Thank you, my dear friend!


5 comments:

Tasmanian said...

WOW!

CardsAsGifts said...

I bet you shed a tear over it. Mind blowing amazing gift.

Sarah said...

What a beautiful gift! I was so touched when my closest friends made me a book of photos for my going away present when I left home to go to uni. It really helped me through that first lonely year away.

Anonymous said...

How wonderful! All those memories! J

Ben McLaughlin said...

Wow, how cool!