Saturday, August 17, 2013

Life expectancy

It probably wasn't a great idea for me to go and check out my life-expectancy. I'm a glass-half-empty kind of girl already. But I did it and now I'm a little deflated. It was less than I thought!  Admittedly, there's a wide range of variables for each individual. But still, I thought people my age were living longer than that on average. 

Anyway, at the risk of getting depressed over how short it all is, hop over to Google and check out the life expectancy for someone born in your year. This link will take you to graph and by moving your mouse over the graph, you can pinpoint your year of birth. Then you can change countries by changing the country in the search field at the top of the page. That will add a little perspective back.
"All flesh is like grass
    and all its glory like the flower of grass.
The grass withers,
    and the flower falls,
but the word of the Lord remains forever."
1 Peter 1:24,25

1 comment:

Ben McLaughlin said...

I think I better stay away from that one.. don't know if my weak ticker could take the shock.