Friday, July 26, 2013

Thank God it's Friday

I know that “Thank God it’s Friday’ is usually said in absence of any kind of thankfulness towards the Almighty, but I’d like to do my bit to remedy that.

Today, I'm thankful for the birthday we had in our household this week.  As we watched the Royal Couple enjoy their firstborn, we were celebrating the youngest of our own tribe.  And I am thankful he is here and safe and sound.  And I'm thankful for God bringing us safely through that final pregnancy.  On the night he was born, I remember telling the nurses this was "the happiest day of my life".  Admittedly, I was enjoying quite a morphine high that night.  But it was still true - I was so thankful that he was safely here and that all of the pregnancy drama was over for us.  And years on, I'm still thankful for that day and for all he is growing up to be.  Even the not-so-delightful moments.

 You got anything you’re thankful for today? Join in! Let’s count our blessings for a bit.

No comments: