Friday, July 19, 2013

Thank God it's Friday

I know that “Thank God it’s Friday’ is usually said in absence of any kind of thankfulness towards the Almighty, but I’d like to do my bit to remedy that.

Today, I'm thankful that things were alright while my husband was interstate for several days this week.  In particular, I'm thankful the oven door broke the day before he left so he could fix it, that I didn't fall out of the tree, that we didn't have any sick kids like we did last time he was away this long, that my children have been above-average in helpfulness this week, that our car is a reliable machine, that I was able to get babysitting for the tricky work-stuff I had to cover on my own and MOST OF ALL that he's coming home today (happy sigh).

 You got anything you’re thankful for today? Join in! Let’s count our blessings for a bit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Life. And sleep and food. J

Deb said...

Blessings indeed.