Friday, July 12, 2013

Thank God it's Friday

I know that “Thank God it’s Friday’ is usually said in absence of any kind of thankfulness towards the Almighty, but I’d like to do my bit to remedy that.

Today, I'm thankful for a couple of days where I've done pretty much nothing (but washing and making sure the kids didn't eat each other).  I didn't realize how tired I was till I stopped.  Rest is good.  Why do I always forget that?

You got anything you’re thankful for today? Join in! Let’s count our blessings for a bit.

8 comments:

Meredith said...

I am thankful for a fantastic five day Holiday Bible Club this week. (The tea light lanterns in jars were great!!) Lots of kids hearing the Good News. Lots of adults working together well. And thankful now for a few quieter days - looking forward to some of that rest.

Deb said...

Five days of Holiday Bible Club? You deserve a rest indeed! You should do a blog post or two about what your did and how it ran. :) When you're rested of course. :)

Meredith said...

Well, there is an idea. I never thought to blog that. I was looking at my draft box just today - an opinionated, half written post on encouragement that will probably never see the light of day and not much else. Thought July might end up being a pretty quiet month. But maybe the format of the week (it's mornings only) might be interesting to some... But yes, rest first. Feeling quite tired. Read a novel for four straight hours today...

mattnbec said...

I'd be interest, Meredith! Something like that is an idea I've had running through my mind as one options as a possibility for the future at church.

I'm thankful for a productive but fun week with a holidaying husband. Very thankful.

Bec

Deb said...

Well, I think the ayes have it, Meredith! Please get blogging. :)

Meredith said...

Well, based on extensive market research, the results are in. 100% of respondents to this post are in favour of a HBC post. So shall it be.

Deb said...

:)

Meredith said...

Done.