Friday, May 3, 2013

Thank God it's Friday

I know that “Thank God it’s Friday’ is usually said in absence of any kind of thankfulness towards the Almighty, but I’d like to do my bit to remedy that.

Today, I feel rather rattled actually.  The dog is coming tomorrow.  My parents are flying in from overseas next Thursday.  We have interstate visitors later in the month whom I've never met before.  It's all happening.  And I have a sore throat and didn't sleep well last night.

But thankfulness shouldn't be only for those times when everything is sunny and full of roses.  All the time God is good and all the time he's watching over me.

So today I'm thankful that my eldest is well again and whatever was causing some extreme behaviour last week seems to have settled for now.  I'm also thankful that I haven't been sick on any of my work days yet this year - it's so much easier to be well enough to teach than it is to leave work when you're sick and try to catch up later.
You got anything you’re thankful for today? Join in! Let’s count our blessings for a bit.

2 comments:

Petrina said...

I'm thankful that God answers prayer. A couple of issues came to my attention earlier in the week, I started praying in earnest about them, and God gave me ideas and opportunities that have made a real difference.

Deb said...

That's so good to hear!