Friday, April 26, 2013

Thank God it's Friday

I know that “Thank God it’s Friday’ is usually said in absence of any kind of thankfulness towards the Almighty, but I’d like to do my bit to remedy that.

Today, I’m thankful for the day off yesterday and time as a family.  We went fishing at the beach (caught a lot of seaweed).  One of our child has had a really tough week (mainly due to their own behaviour) and it was a real blessing to do some things yesterday that didn't involve discipline and where everyone felt included and at peace.

You got anything you’re thankful for today? Join in! Let’s count our blessings for a bit.

2 comments:

Petrina said...

I'm thankful for a break in routine this last week. Shift work is not our norm, and Dave's been suffering sleep-wise, but it's so nice to have him around all morning :)

Deb said...

Oh, shift work is hard! But it's great to hear there was a pleasant side-effect. :)