Saturday, April 20, 2013

Thank God it was Friday yesterday

I know that “Thank God it’s Friday’ is usually said in absence of any kind of thankfulness towards the Almighty, but I’d like to do my bit to remedy that.

Today, I’m thankful that my daughter is well again after a week and a half of stomach problems.  And I'm thankful too for the shopping I got done yesterday.  As I was filling up my trolley, I thought about the privilege that it is to be able to buy good food for your family.  It implies a whole stack of blessings, among them good jobs, a lack of pressing additional emergency needs, living in safety and security and a well-ordered society.  Truly thankful for those.

You got anything you’re thankful for today? Join in! Let’s count our blessings for a bit.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm thankful for the supportive people I have around me at the moment - such a blessing.

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for my community - spending time in the park with lovely neighbours makes me finally feel like we're settling :) J

Deb said...

Hang in there, Sarah! We are praying for you.

Deb said...

Good stuff. Wish I was at the park with you too!

Anonymous said...

Yes please! Then I'd be truly sorted! I was toying with a trip to Melbourne but at this stage, I was deluding myself!