Friday, March 8, 2013

Thank God it's Friday

I know that “Thank God it’s Friday’ is usually said in absence of any kind of thankfulness towards the Almighty, but I’d like to do my bit to remedy that.

Today, I’m thankful for some unexpected events that have relieved some work stress I was feeling.  On Wednesday night, I was really fully of anxiety about my students because some of them are really struggling and I felt that maybe I hadn't prepared them well enough for their first assessment in a week and a half.  One of the problems was that next week I'd lost all my classes due to Sports' Day and other interruptions.  Then I woke the next morning to find Sports' Day postponed due to an extreme weather forecast.  This gives me back a double-period in which to prepare the kids for their assessment the following week!  Hooray!  And I also got an unexpected contact from a parent asking for any work their child needs to catch up on and this meant I could communicate with them about the work that student was behind in and what he needed to do next.  Those two things have made a really significant difference to my anxiety levels and I'm so thankful that God's still in control.

You got anything you’re thankful for today? Join in! Let’s count our blessings for a bit.

No comments: