Friday, March 15, 2013

Thank God it's Friday

I know that “Thank God it’s Friday’ is usually said in absence of any kind of thankfulness towards the Almighty, but I’d like to do my bit to remedy that.

Today, I’m thankful for home and family and the end of a week.  It's been a big couple of weeks in our house.  I'm tired.  And anxious (about my Year 12 students).  Rest is needed if I'm to fire on all cylinders next week.  I need to learn to feel grateful and thankful for rest rather than feeling either I'm the only one who's earned it (in my "I'm such a martyr, why isn't everyone noticing" mode) or too guilty to take it (in my "I'm such a slacker, I don't deserve to stop" mode).  It's a gift.

You got anything you’re thankful for today? Join in! Let’s count our blessings for a bit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Belated, I know, but this was the best day ever... I am so thankful to God that I could take my baby boy home, just in time for his daddy's birthday too! J

Deb said...

Best news ever! So happy he's home. :)