Friday, February 8, 2013

Thank God it's Friday

I know that “Thank God it’s Friday’ is usually said in absence of any kind of thankfulness towards the Almighty, but I’d like to do my bit to remedy that.

Today, I’m thankful that the near miss while I was driving today wasn't the terrible accident it could have been.  I was on a very busy four-lane freeway going about 80 kmph when a black Audi in the lane next to me thought he might change lanes without checking his blind spot.  Mercifully I saw him in time and swerved and mercifully there was room in the lane next to me to do so.

You got anything you’re thankful for today? Join in! Let’s count our blessings for a bit.

6 comments:

Tasmanian said...

Thankful for less work to do this year! (says the woman expecting her fourth child...?!)

Karen said...

Thankful that another week of work is over. That my students aren't being selfish gen Y's. That the kids and families we're working with seem nice. That we are surviving with just one car. That my kids are (mostly) coping with me going back to work. For my wonderful husband who does lots around the house when I am working so that it is easier for me when I come home.

That it is now the weekend and I have five days off. A couple of restful days ahead...

Sarah said...

That I have survived the week (my husband went back to work and my mum arrived to help me).

Deb said...

It's a good, good work to do though. :)

Deb said...

Glad work went well and that your students seem useful.

Deb said...

Yay for surviving and thriving!