Friday, February 1, 2013

Thank God it's Friday

I know that “Thank God it’s Friday’ is usually said in absence of any kind of thankfulness towards the Almighty, but I’d like to do my bit to remedy that.

Today, I’m thankful for the end of the school holidays.  Yep, partly because I'm ready for the kids to be somewhere else for a few hours. Oh, yes, I am.  But mainly because work and routine is a blessing and it's good for us to be engrossed in usefulness and productivity.  I just need to remind myself in a few weeks (when the novelty has once again worn off) that it is a blessing for which to be thankful.

You got anything you’re thankful for today? Join in! Let’s count our blessings for a bit.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Thankful here that the first week of work has been survived. One round of meeting new people down, next round starts next week when my OT students turn up. Thankful also that I don't have to experience the shock next week of discovering that the one called Sam is actually not a female (as I had carelessly assumed, working in my female dominated profession...). Nice to know these things in advance ;)

Deb said...

Glad it went okay. Oh new things are so tiring aren't they?! But I'm sure we'll be glad we took on the challenge in the end.