Friday, January 11, 2013

Thank God it's Friday

I know that “Thank God it’s Friday’ is usually said in absence of any kind of thankfulness towards the Almighty, but I’d like to do my bit to remedy that.

Today I’m thankful for old friends.  I'd lived in 13 houses by the time I was 13 and had a different school for every year of primary education.  I never saw myself as the kind of person who would end up with "old friends".  Yet here I am.  Yesterday, a delightful "old" friend dropped in for morning tea.  What a blessing.  Two of my oldest (in years of friendship, not age) are in the same country as me at the moment after years of living overseas. And some of my "new" friends have been around so long now...that they are really "old" friends.  Oh what joy!  And unexpected too.

You got anything you’re thankful for today? Join in! Let’s count our blessings for a bit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for my brand new little nephew!!! J

Tasmanian said...

Following your ideas Deb, I am also thankful for my friends. I am thankful for my lovely sister who had us to stay this week and went out of her way to make our stay amazing. She let us choose mealtimes (which suited our little kids), ran a bath as she saw us arriving home from the beach, and had hot homemade pizza in the oven. She even put aside several pieces of pizza to cool for the kids while they had their bath. She made PJs with my 6yo and even made a matching nightie for her doll. Picnic breakfasts, new craft supplies, presents she found in the op-shop and even a handmedown skirt for me :)