Thursday, January 10, 2013

Gift idea

Potholders
 
This was the surprise hit of our Christmas presents this year.  It's a kit that allows you to use loops and a square loom to weave potholders.  The loops are like giant stretchy hairbands and come in brilliant colours.  It was given to our nearly 9-year old and she had a ball with it.  However, our nearly 7-year old boy eventualy stole the kit and made a couple of potholders of his own.  The instructions are easy and the whole project comes together very fast.  It's a great craft project for kids who don't yet have the stamina for more long-term projects like a cross-stitch kit.  I'm planning on buying a couple more kits for our present tub.  I paid too much instore for my kit but they are easily and more cheaply obtained here at the bookdepository.co.uk for about $16.  And you can also buy refills of the loops.  I'd say an age-range of 6 - 11 years.

1 comment:

Petrina said...

I had one of those kits when I was little! I think there's still a pot holder or two in the toy cupboard at Mum's...