Friday, November 9, 2012

Thank God it's Friday

I know that “Thank God it’s Friday’ is usually said in absence of any kind of thankfulness towards the Almighty, but I’d like to do my bit to remedy that. 

Today I’m thanking God that my mother-in-law is hanging in there after her bone marrow transplant a week ago.  I'm thankful to for the many people praying for her - thank you to you if you're one of them.  I'm thanking God that my kids have had a good year at school this year.  Sometimes I forget what a blessing it is that they can go to school and that they are able to learn without too much trouble.  That doesn't happen for every kid and it's something to be deeply thankful for.  And finally, and this is a bit light compared to the other two points, I'm thankful that my husband is going to be able to fix our oven that stopped working yesterday morning.  He did some kind of poking with a multi-meter thingo I don't understand and declared it to be just a part that needs replacing.  The part is under $50.  Without him, I would have just bought a new oven - seriously.  Thank you, Lord, for giving him those talents.

You got anything you’re thankful for today? Join in! Let’s count our blessings for a bit.

6 comments:

Karen said...

Great news about your mother in law Deb, hope she continues to improve. Will keep praying :)

I'm thankful for a great year of motherhood to my little man Rowan. He's one today. So hard to believe that this time last year, I was cuddling him in hospital and getting to know our newest family member!

Anonymous said...

So glad your mum-in-law is still going well xxx

I'm very thankful for two active little boys in today's ultrasound with no new causes for concern. I'm thankful that we are two weeks post-op and things are still going well. I am thankful for the peace God gives that is helping me face this waiting game! J

Sarah said...

Thanks for this series every week. It's so easy to grumble. Great news about your mother-in-law, too.

Today there was a fire on the farm where I live, not too far from my house. I'm thankful for all the farmers in the district who rallied to put it out. I'm thankful that it is now under control.

Deb said...

The first year is a very special milestone. Hope your party today is not too rained-out!

Deb said...

Let's hear it for the boys! Sorry - the reunion last night has me singing everything 80s. Glad the lads are doing well this week. I too am thankful and amazed they can do that kind of surgery now and I'm so happy you are doing okay. We'll keep praying!

Deb said...

SO glad to hear the fire was managed well. Scary stuff!