Friday, November 2, 2012

Thank God it's Friday

I know that “Thank God it’s Friday’ is usually said in absence of any kind of thankfulness towards the Almighty, but I’d like to do my bit to remedy that.  

Today I’m thankful for a week of relatively good health for my mother-in-law.  Her bone marrow transplant will hopefully take place today but there are complications looming so we'll wait and see. 

Sometimes, it's hard to pick out one thing to be thankful for.  I'm thankful for a lot of things this week.  Some of them seem really trivial - like good weather - and some are those deep hard to put into words things like God's enduring goodness when you feel lost.  But I guess giving thanks at either end of the scale is a good thing.

All that said, have you got anything you’re thankful for today? Join in! Let’s count our blessings for a bit.

No comments: