Friday, October 26, 2012

Thank God it's Friday

I know that “Thank God it’s Friday’ is usually said in absence of any kind of thankfulness towards the Almighty, but I’d like to do my bit to remedy that. 

Today I’m thankful for my friend's successful surgery yesterday.  Complications with twins meant some tricky in-utero surgery.  How amazing is it that they can do that?  Thankful for two little heartbeats this morning.  Thankful too that the first day of pre-treatment for my mother-in-law went okay.  Thankful too that my grandmother-in-law, who had a small stroke yesterday, is probably going home from hospital this afternoon.  Yep, it's been a big week.

You got anything you’re thankful for today? Join in! Let’s count our blessings for a bit.

5 comments:

Petrina said...

I'm thankful for your last post. When I'm tempted to look at the big kids phase as some version of utopia, it's helpful to be reminded that it has its share of challenges just as this one does.

Karen said...

That's great Deb, so much to be thankful for there :)

I'm thankful that we've survived the week of eye surgery and vomiting kids. Everyone's now well and sleeping at night again so we're looking forward to a quiet evening.

Deb said...

Well, some things do get easier. It's at least nice to change the "hard" to a different "hard". I think the problem has been that while the kids have grown into new stages, I still have a long way to go in growing in love and gentleness!

Deb said...

Yay! Glad everyone is well again.

Sarah said...

The baptism of an elderly lady at my church last weekend. It really encouraged me because I often hear Christians say elderly non-Christians are too stuck in their ways and are highly unlikely to turn to Christ (and that we should be focusing on youth and uni students). God is an amazing God.