Saturday, September 1, 2012

The zombies are coming

Spent four and a half hours yesterday manning (womanning?) the Fathers' Day stall at school.  All the classes came in and many tokens of love and affection were purchased.  And as is the custom at these stalls, some gift options were more appealing than others.  But there was one particular gift option that deserved the prize for most horrible gift ever.  Truly bad.

Sadly, neither of my children chose it for their dad.  They chose sensible presents (yawn).  But I really couldn't leave it behind.  So at the end of the day, I gave my preschool child $1 to purchase the item and bring it home with us.  He's delighted.  I'm contentedly smiling to myself.  It's just dreadful.  Honestly.  I can't begin to describe it.

But I can't say any more just yet because my husband does occasionally read my blog.  Roll on, Fathers' Day!

2 comments:

CardsAsGifts said...

I wait in eager anticipation of the news of what this most horibble item might be!

CardsAsGifts said...

Come on come on, tell us the secret..... I hope it will be the topic of Monday's post! Make sure it is bright and early... I am off on a school excursion so I will be out all day....I need something funny to start my day with!