Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Do I hate you?

Do I?

Why would I ask that?

Well, essentially because of something said by Penn Jillette.  You may have heard of Penn and Teller the magicians.  Well, he's Penn.  At the conference I went to on the weekend, one of the speakers remarked on a youtube clip in which Penn Jillette talks about his reaction to being given a New Testament by a fan who had watched one of his comedy shows. Penn Jillette is one of the most outspoken atheists in America.  He wants nothing to do with religion.  And this guy walks up and gives him a Bible.

In that clip he asks, "Just how much do you have to hate someone to not proselytize?" If you really believe there is a God, how much do you have to hate someone to not try to share that information with them?

That's a pretty tough question.  Here's the clip.


2 comments:

Karen said...

I read this quote of Penn's in a Christian book recently too....but I can't remember which one. Trellis and the Vine maybe?

Deb said...

Don't know. I think it might be Trellis and Vine - I haven't read it by my husband has and he knew the clip before I posted it.