Thursday, August 23, 2012

Fixed

Last year I put this handy little notice on my mail box.



This lead to some confusion however over the term "junk".  So being towards the end of August, I've added this important notice for the next few weeks.



There.  That should clear up any misunderstandings.

Incidentally, should you ever decide to take photos of your own mailbox, try to time it so you aren't in the middle of it when your postie arrives on his motorbike.  He will be concerned that something is wrong with the mailbox.  You will try desperately to explain why you are taking close-up shots of your mailbox without using the word "blog" (because you are worried that this will make you seem very weird - even weirder than a person who randomly takes photos of their mailbox) and it won't go well and you'll be profoundly embarrassed (and you will have ended up seeming weirder than a person who writes a blog).

3 comments:

Tasmanian said...

YES! Will just go and do the same.

Karen said...

We are just out of the delivery range for our local IKEA, so we don't get their catalogue :( While I'm no fan of actually visiting their store because the experience involves a bit too much sensory overload, I do enjoy looking at the catalogue....

Nice mailbox :)

Deb said...

I understand the whole browsing through the catalogue thing even when you don't intend to go into the store. Totally.

And I'll pass your letterbox compliment on to the nice husband that built it. Our last one was brick and had to be demolished after two different visitors reversed into it at different times. I don't know why people feel the need to reverse into our letter box... it's not like my cooking is THAT bad.