Thursday, August 16, 2012

Dishwasher magnet

Ever since I changed to a computer with Vista (don't get me started on Vista) my dear reliable printer has had issues.  Many, many issues.  Yesterday it finally refused to go any further.  It was time.

So on the way to playgroup this morning (oh so multi-tasky) I popped into Officeworks and bought a new printer.  This allowed me to create this:


It's my new dishwasher magnet.  You put it one way for clean, then flip it over the other way for dirty.  Because we all hate stacking three mugs in the top and then realizing we've just dripped hot chocolate all over 19 clean plates.

The design is from here at Sugar and Cloth and you can easily click and create your own.

In the original instructions, you print on to glossy photo paper, place on to adhesive magnetic paper and then put a finishing preserving spray over the top.  Oh please!  Go to Officeworks and buy magnetic paper and just do it one.  You do need a printer that has the guts to take thicker "paper".  My old one - may it rest in peace - couldn't do it without declaring a jam.  But my new best pal did it without blinking a single distress signal.

And of course now I have four spare sheets of magnetic paper.  So many possibilities!

5 comments:

Meredith said...

Oooooh! You could use that spare magnetic paper making all of your blog friends dishwasher magnets and then send one to each of us. :-)

Deb said...

Well, funny you should mention that, Meredith. I did print two on the one sheet so I have a spare! I thought, "I could run a give-away," but then I wasn't sure if I could do that within the boundaries of "personal use" of the graphic so I didn't. However, if you use the contact me tab at the top and email me your address, I'll happily pop my spare magnet in the mail to you! You can be the unofficial winner for posting the first comment.

Meredith said...

How exciting!! I'm excited. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Emailing you right now!!
Mx

Meredith said...

Arrived! And installed. Official blog thanks to follow - for all the recent ways you have changed and improved my life!
Mx

Deb said...

So glad!