Thursday, August 30, 2012

10 things I forget


1. To charge my mobile phone. Hopeless. And I can’t for the life of me remember my mobile phone number. I have had to print it out on a label and stuck it to back of my phone.

2. That the garlic bread is in the oven. Which usually explains the burning smell half way through dessert.  And if I'm serving you salad, it's worth asking me if I intended to put pine nuts on top because I probably did and they are probably turning into little nuggets of charcoal under the griller.

3. To check pockets before I put stuff in the wash. Actually, I’ve just given up on that altogether.

4. To take photos of the kids. Now that they are no longer babies, the camera doesn’t get pulled out often enough. This might be because it's easier to get a child to stay still if they are strapped into a highchair.

5. My anniversary. Almost every year. I’m hopeless with dates.

6. To dust. Is that forgetting or deliberate ignoring?

7. Which of my friends have sugar in their tea. And I always guess wrong.

8. The order of the books in the Old Testament after Psalms. I’m just randomly flipping if it’s any book between Proverbs and Matthew.

9. That grumbling and complaining just make the job harder. Wish I could remember this more often.

10. That I’m on Jesus’ team and not the reverse.

How about you? Do you have something you are terrible at remembering?

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Hi Deb,

What a great list! Most of these sound very familiar to me!

Sarah

Deb said...

Glad it's not just me then!

Karen said...

Most of the above.

A few weeks ago I opened up a zippered pocket in a pair of school shorts when I was taking them off the clothesline and a whole lot of mandarin seeds fell out. I was thankful that at least he remembered to zip up the pocket before putting them into the wash.

And we're having a camera drought here too. The littlest man and the active toddler are a bit too mobile to catch in the camera viewfinder these days.

Tasmanian said...

I take sugar. Kellie does not.

Deb said...

Mandarin seeds - yes, good thing there was a zipper! I think I should start keeping a list of the odd things I find in my washing. Blu tack and Lego are my two hot favourites at present.

Deb said...

At last!!!! Now I'll be able to sneak out to the computer, pull up the blog and check here without you knowing. And I'll never get it mixed up again!!!

Jessica said...

Excellent list, although mine is very different. Apostrophe placement would top it. Also, when QI is on TV. When tradesmen are coming early in the morning. Remembering to cook gluten-free for church things. That I don't have tinned tomatoes in the pantry.

Deb said...

This is Jessica's comment that was eaten by blogger:

Excellent list, although mine is very different. Apostrophe placement would top it. Also, when QI is on TV. When tradesmen are coming early in the morning. Remembering to cook gluten-free for church things. That I don't have tinned tomatoes in the pantry.

Deb said...

You have gluten-free at your church too? I'm convinced we have the largest gathering of gluten-free Presbyterians ever assembled at our church. Or at least the highest percentage! Not to mention fructose....

No one in my family, but I do try to remember when I'm cooking for church functions.

And tinned tomatoes! Yes!! I'm either hoarding enough to survive a nuclear disaster or I've completely run out at the crucial moment.