Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Suffering

I am not qualified to talk on the matter of suffering.  Because I haven't.  The closest I've come is some serious complications during my first pregnancy.  But everything turned out okay.  There was the possibility of suffering but that's different from the reality of living through it day after day.

However, Alison over at thinking of starting a blog is qualified.  She has three lovely daughters, one of whom has multiple disabilities.  In addition to that, her husband recently suffered severe complications after an operation in which he donated one of his kidneys to save the life of his daughter who was suffering renal failure.  So, yeah.  She's qualified.  She recently wrote a good post on suffering here.  And the words she used reminded me of this song, also by someone who has had to come face to face with hard things.  And although I haven't experienced much that could be considered suffering (not yet), I find the words compelling.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Deb xx

J