Friday, June 22, 2012

Shower cleaning breakthrough

So after my whinge about cleaning the shower the other day, Karen suggested I try some Viva cleaning wipes.  Couldn't find them.  But as I was standing in the supermarket scanning the shelf of pre-moistened cleaning wipes, I noticed the bbq and oven cleaning wipes.  More importantly, I noticed the label on them that said, "Also great for cleaning showers".  Seriously?

I already had a packet of those sitting in my pergola next to the bbq.  So this morning I tried them out.  Oh the joy!  They work!  Brilliantly!  All that scum on the glass (from my hideous procrastinating) came off easily.  They are now stashed under the bathroom sink.  You may want to wait a couple of days and check back to this blog to see if I've update this post to tell you the tiles all fell off the wall or we got some kind of 5th-degree skin burn from showering with oven-cleaner chemicals.  But if you don't hear back from me, assume I'm happily cleaning my shower.

5 comments:

Karen said...

I have a collection of cleaning wipes for most surfaces now. The shower ones, glass/window ones, kitchen surface ones, and some stainless steel surface ones for my dishwasher.
But somehow I have missed the BBQ and oven ones. I will look tonight when I am shopping. Maybe they would be good to start the shower scrubbing process and then you could go back to the not-so-heavy duty variety.
And I just saw an ad on TV as I was eating my lunch for a Viva TV and computer screen wipe kit too. My screens are constantly coated in fingerprints so I may have to get some of them as well....
Glad you had some success :)

Deb said...

I owe you one, Karen!

Meredith said...

Karen and Deb, I nearly got my proverbial running shoes on last night and ran right across the country to hug you both! I just did the shower recess with the Viva wipes and my life has changed forever. Thank you so much.

Karen said...

They are pretty good, aren't they?
I did invest in the TV and computer wipe kit when it was on special at Woolies last week and now it's like I have a brand new screen! And I did buy the BBQ ones too because I was having to scrub pretty hard with the shower wipes to get the cloud off the screen. Like Deb said, the BBQ one worked an absolute treat :)
So now my wipe collection is complete....

Deb said...

See, doesn't this make blogging all worthwhile? Thank you, Karen, for enlightening us on the wonder that is wipes!